Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Aggregating data from specific clients in associated databases

Dear all,

First, apologies if this has been asked before. I am attaching a file that has 3 sheets that explain my problem. I have three databases, and I need to aggregate data for specific clients using data from 2 databases (assets in one, and liabilities in another). Using the client database (or sheet in the Excel) I want to look for specific client ID in the other 2 databases and add their respective amount of assets and liabilities. Not all clients have assets data and not all have liability data as you can see.

How can I complete column D in the Client Sheet? Do I need to code?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Alvaro

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Not sure if the Excel was attached before. Here it is. Thanks!!

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Alvaro,

May be as at attached file.

Regards,

Andrey

Not applicable
Author

HI Andrey,

First of all, apologies for such a long delay in my response. You took the time to try to solve this and I didn't get back to you. I went on leave all July and then I missed to respond.

This looks exactly to what I wanted to do. I will try to use the same commands you used in the data load editor in the sheets I have with the real data. I might bother you if i have any question.

Thank you!

Alvaro

Not applicable
Author

Hello again Andrey (or anyone who might be able to help),

The table you created with column "Assets+Liability" by Client ID is the data I wanted to get. However, I want to manipulate that data or use it as a possible dimension in order to sort, group by specific amounts, or do other calculations using it. This is not possible as far as I know if the data is in a table instead of as a new variable. What I would like is to have a the new variable "AUM" in the Client2 dataset filled with that data and I believe the coding is different in that case. I am relatively new to coding in the data load editor but I wasn't able to create a new variable or fill the "AUM" variable in the "Client2" Database.

If you or anyone can help me finally solve this it would be much appreciated. I am attaching the file "Qlik-Challenge.qvf" file which has 3 datasets: Client2, Assets, and Liability. What I would like to do is the same as you did with the table but including the content of "Assets+Liability" in the "Client2" database (in the AUM column which currently has "0" in it). As you will see it is not just adding "Assets+Liability" because what I actually need is to add those two variables from the other datasets but for specific "client_IDAT" or client IDs. I believe this is what you did with the command "Left Join".

Anyway, thank you all for your awesome help.

Best regards,

Alvaro