cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
federerman
Contributor III
Contributor III

Allow subset of "Export App Data" actions

I see again in the February 2019 documentation that the ability to deny export to Excel only (while maintaining the ability to print and export to PDF) is still not present.

When will the feature be added?

2019-04-15 14_21_18-Actions (Basic view) ‒ Qlik Sense.png

In our efforts to grow a more data literate culture, we have decided to prevent our users from exporting to Excel.  This keeps Qlik Sense from being used exclusively as a data shovel.  It also encourages users to learn the tool and see what benefits being on the Qlik platform provides.

That being said, we have a lot of business users that really like to see printed PDFs.  They like to print out data from Qlik Sense and review it while not connected to the internet (airplanes, out in the field).  Since we have pulled the export to excel privilege, they have lost the ability to perform basic prints and PDF exports.

Are there any plans to resolve this?  This is our top challenge right now getting our enterprise version out to a wider audience.

Thanks

Original post by acardella here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Export-context-menu-enable-disable/m-p/1569619#M1328...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wlad_Masi
Employee
Employee

As the document states you cannot do it today, but we do have a feature request opened(ID: 1158) for this feature.
We don't have any time frame to release it.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Wlad_Masi
Employee
Employee

As the document states you cannot do it today, but we do have a feature request opened(ID: 1158) for this feature.
We don't have any time frame to release it.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
pwagner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello Wlad,

any update on this topic? Do have already a time frame for this topic?

Best regards,

Patrick

Wlad_Masi
Employee
Employee

Hello @pwagner .

Unfortunately no.
Do you mind creating a record under our new ideas forum so the request can be visible public and also can be voted for community users?

I would suggest you also update this topic with the link for your idea so it gets traction.
As soon as you update this topic I will also give it my vote.

Thank you.