Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Highlighted
SergioV
New Contributor

Alternate State Differences

I created two alternate states 'One' and 'Two' and have two tables with only dimensions : First table respects selections in the first alternate state and the other one uses second alternate state.

How can I create the same table that will show differences between these two states?

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Seyko
New Contributor III

Re: Alternate State Differences

Without error, if i understood correctly your request: you want to have in a same table two differents states?
MVP
MVP

Create a Table in the default state  and override the expression with states 'One' and 'Two':

=Sum({One} Value)
=Sum({Two} Value)

=Sum({One} Value) - Sum({Two} Value)
Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Sergio_V
New Contributor

Ok. More details :I don't have a measure to sum on.

I only have dimensions Job Profile, Application,  and the last one - "Access" has "Yes" or "No" values only.

My resulting table needs to show what are the differences between two selected Job Profiles when it comes to Access

Seyko
New Contributor III

You can create differents masters items and attribute for each them different states. Try it. Normally, it's working.

SergioV
New Contributor

I get that. But how would I show the difference :

I select Profile A in state One

I select Profile B in state Two

I need to show what applications Profile A has access to that are not listed in Profile B

Seyko
New Contributor III

GetFieldSelections function  can be a track (you can now define state name like a parameter):

GetFieldSelections ( field_name [, value_sep [, max_values [, state_name]]])

A video that will be useful for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMMGAFgrnc8&t=2s

cordially.