cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SergioV
Contributor
Contributor

Alternate State Differences

I created two alternate states 'One' and 'Two' and have two tables with only dimensions : First table respects selections in the first alternate state and the other one uses second alternate state.

How can I create the same table that will show differences between these two states?

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Seyko
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Without error, if i understood correctly your request: you want to have in a same table two differents states?
Excuse my english, i'm french!
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Create a Table in the default state  and override the expression with states 'One' and 'Two':

=Sum({One} Value)
=Sum({Two} Value)

=Sum({One} Value) - Sum({Two} Value)
Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. More details :I don't have a measure to sum on.

I only have dimensions Job Profile, Application,  and the last one - "Access" has "Yes" or "No" values only.

My resulting table needs to show what are the differences between two selected Job Profiles when it comes to Access

Seyko
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

You can create differents masters items and attribute for each them different states. Try it. Normally, it's working.

SergioV
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I get that. But how would I show the difference :

I select Profile A in state One

I select Profile B in state Two

I need to show what applications Profile A has access to that are not listed in Profile B

Seyko
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

GetFieldSelections function  can be a track (you can now define state name like a parameter):

GetFieldSelections ( field_name [, value_sep [, max_values [, state_name]]])

A video that will be useful for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMMGAFgrnc8&t=2s

cordially.