Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tizianonear
Contributor II
Contributor II

Alternate color problem in pivot

Hi,

I have a problem with in a pivot table where I am using this formula to alternate rows colors, but when there is a null row value it doesn't work well.

Screen to see my problem

How can I resolve?

FORMULA:

= if(
Dimensionality()= 0,
$(vTotalPivotColor),
if (Dimensionality()= 1,
if (even(RowNo(total))=0, $(vAlternate1PivotColor),
if (even(RowNo(total))=-1, $(vAlternate2PivotColor),
if (isnull(even(RowNo(total))),
$(vAlternate1PivotColor)))),
if((Dimensionality()> 1),$(vExpandPivotColor))))

where variables are RGB colors

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Did you apply the "Color as Measure" ??
Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
tizianonear
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

no, I need to use this colors
OmarBenSalem

Null cells will always be colored grey no matter what u do
tizianonear
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

okay, but how to alternate color the others without problems?
amonjaras
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello!

This is due to the fact that a pivot table is merely a visual representation of a straight table in memory. Try selecting "View Data" in the chart's context (right-click) menu to see how the data really "looks".

RowNo() is calculated from the "straight" table. Not from the pivot visual representation of it; that's why it is seldom useful in pivot tables.

You may try to use if(even(fieldindex('FieldName',Fieldname))=0,blue()) to at least avoid alternating colors in cells belonging to the same pivot "row".

"FieldName" must be one of the dimensions you are using as "rows" in the pivot table. Experiment with this and you may find a satisfactory look; the appearance will vary depending on the expansion state of your pivot table and the presence of null values.