cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MUKESHKUMAR
Contributor
Contributor

Alternative to AWS FSx file system for QlikSense

I have a QlikSense Application setup on a Windows server cluster (which consists of a floating central node, schedulers, and consumers). As this was done in AWS, I had to provision an FSx file system as a file share.

QlikSense typically requires below requirements for a file share and FSx seems to be the only obvious choice

• Storage instance and Qlik Sense instance must typically be co-located on the same availability zone to gain the required low latency
  • Qlik Sense supports native Windows Server storage and SMB3.0 as file share protocol, which means that the storage solution must be fully compliant with the same protocol to function properly with Qlik Sense
  • Network speed must be fast enough to manage to move the required data between storage and Qlik Sense instances
Labels (2)
2 Replies
Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

You don't explicitly ask a question in your post. I assume you would like other options that exist within the AWS ecosystem?

What exactly are you after? Why are you after alternatives? Is this a price issue or are there other factors in play?

Alexis_Touet
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @MUKESHKUMAR 
You could also set a file share windows server with an EBS drive, or add an EBS drive to your central node. 

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/ebs-volume-types.html

Best regards,

Please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct, as it will help other members to find solutions more easily 😉