cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aatish12345
Creator II
Creator II

Alternative to Field event trigger in Qlik Sense

Hi All, is there any alternative functions available in Qlik Sense which will solve the purpose of field event trigger?

Currently I am trying using getfieldselection as well as getselectedcount functions , but these are not helping me. I actually want to set variable value to 1 from 0 when selection made in a particular field. Plz help me.

Regards,

Aatish

6 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

There is no such field event trigger in qlik sense. However, have you tried defining your variable, something like:

vYourVariable=If(getselectedcount(desiredField),1,0)

aatish12345
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes, I tried that solution but it is not giving expected results

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try to explain what is not working and what you are looking for. Then only it will be clear to us and can try to help accordingly. 

aatish12345
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes sure,

My requirement is ..I want to set a variable value based on selection made in perticular field..To achieve it in Qlikview we have field event trigger on select option available.

But in Qliksense since we don't have direct trigger available, I thought of using functions like getfieldselection () as well as getselectedcount () .

By default the variable value is 1. When user will click on button , the variable should set to 0..till this point it is working fine.. 

Now the main step is when user will select a value from particular field ..the variable should reset to 1 ...this resetting of variable is not happening in my case..

If I got some solution to reset the variable based on selection then my purpose will solve

Regards,

Aatish

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I guess, I got your point. For a field selection event you need a trigger, unfortunately that is not there in qlik sense yet. 

aatish12345
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes you are correct.

I want to explore if there is a way of doing it using qlik functions