cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ricky82
Contributor II
Contributor II

Always one selected value only on One sheet

On my date field I have selected 'Always one selected value' in the properties but I only want this to apply to 1 sheet and not the whole app. Is this possible? New to Qlik so layman's terms please!

9 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

No, that is not possible.
However you can use sheet trigger from version April 2020.
Take a look at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Sheets/setting-sheet-ac...

ioannagr
Creator III
Creator III

@agigliotti  Hello, i'm interested in the same thing as well. Do the actions include something like  "select only one value each time for a filter pane" for this specific sheet?

your help is much needed! Thank you 🙂

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

No, that functionaly actually works for the whole app.
I suggest you to avoid using it and manage the field selections as you needed for that specific sheet.
Take care.
Best Regards
Andrea

ioannagr
Creator III
Creator III

@agigliotti i'm all over the internet looking for how to have the user be able to apply just *a single* selection to a signle field but just in a certain sheet, without this selection being applied to the whole app.

Do you perhaps know? I'm lost.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Have you tried using alternates states at sheet level?

ioannagr
Creator III
Creator III

@agigliotti Yes. I just created a "Group 1" state, I applied it to that filter, but I can't have the user be able to select a single value (mandatory) each time. 😕

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

You have to check the number of field values selected using GetSelectedCount(fieldName) function within the chart object in Add-ons->Data handling->Calculation condition.
In your case you should use the expression: GetSelectedCount(fieldName) = 1.
I hope it can helps.

ioannagr
Creator III
Creator III

@agigliotti I see how it works! Thanks! I think this gives the solution to  the main poster's problem as well? 🙂

AronC
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

+1 for wishing for this feature. One selected value for specifik sheets only.