Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Always one selected value

Is it possible to enable the "Always one selected value" function?

Will this feature available in the future?

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

As only the Script and Datamodell is migrated it will not work.

Not applicable
Author

oh !! That doesn't sound good

If that is the case , we will be loosing so many functionalites developed in qlikview 11 while migrating to Qlik sense.

Even the entire business logic of the application can be effected sometimes

Please experts enlighten me in handiling such scenarios?

Regards

Murali Krishna

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Murali,

You should not need to migrate any app from QlikView to Qlik Sense, as they are different products to produce different outputs. Since Qlik Sense is a visualization tool, then using the datamodel built already should be OK so the user can create their own visualizations (not the ones you created in QlikView 11).

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the information.However I still have little ambiguty

I read in few threads like qliktech will be supporting qlikview11 for 3 years after qlik sense is released.

In the case of the applications already developed in qlikview11 for long term use , Migration to the qlik sense is needed right as the support ends to qlikview11?

In that case do we need to bulid visualizations again in qlikview sense using the datamodel migrated drom qlikview 11?

If so,that will be double work to the developers and I doubt is that acceptable?

Regards

Murali Krishna

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi

There are no plans to end support of QlikView. Qlik is comtinuing to invest in QlikView.  The commitment to at least three years of support was meant to show that commitment not to state a product end date. 

I hope this help clear things up.

-Josh

Not applicable
Author

Hi Josh,

The commitment to at least three years of support was meant to show that commitment not to state a product end date.

Thanks for the information.

There is lot of confusion going around in the developers regarding the support and termination of qlikview11.

I am delighted after reading your opinion on the support for 3 years . so I believe there will be further improvements to the qlikview from qlikview 11.20 SR7 right?

Regards

Murali Krishna

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Murali,

Just to completely clear, my statement on 'at least 3 years of support' are not my opinion but the official public clarification by Qlik. That also includes that Qlik intends to continue to improve QlikView.

QlikView is not going anywhere, Qlik is currently investing in improving it. 

-Josh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

this is a bummer and it would be really a showstopper for healthcare companies at least. A lot of measures are calculated (and pre-calcuated) for a given "reference" date (or reported for date) and right now with QV11 we can implement list boxes that will force users to select a single value (aka radio button).

Not applicable
Author

I agree.  I use it especially as it relates to a master calendar based on multiple dates.  I want it to always default to ONE date type.  If this is not possible with Sense then I will have to use View for most of my clients.  I am working on a SiB now using sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Qlik Sales people will be on site at my organization next week, I will bring this up again with them all we can do is ask