Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

An error occurred - Internal engine error when using Search in Qlik Sense 3.02?

Hi,

We are running Qlik Sense 3.0 SR2  - ci-ms17-06-ServerSuite:3.0.2-20160822142032

We have experienced an issue with Internal engine error in our apps since the upgrade to 3.0 late June. After installing SR2 a few days ago this error seemed to disappear. But its back unfortunatele, our users love to use search and the virtual search result is amazing when it works.

Any others with this issue?

PEAK

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Peter,

We are Experiencing the same issue since we upgraded to Qlik Sense 3.0.1. from 2.3.  I found one link regarding an issue with the Treemap being responsible however we are not using that object.  I know that this does not help you, but YES, you are not alone and I have also been looking for a solution.   

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am getting the same error on 3.1. Sometimes I get the full virtual search and it works and other times it just fails out. It was working for some users and not others. No correlation om on OS or machine type, Same machine/OS had one working an another fail with SAME request.

pascal_theurot
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Response from Qlik Support

Description

The behaviour is due to bug QLIK-61990, which will be fixed for good in 3.2

Resolution

3.1 doesn't completely fix the issue, but it features an easter egg to temporarily disable the function (visual search within objects) that cause the problem.

These are the steps:

- stop the engine service

- edit the Settings.ini in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Engine so that it reads like this (important: there's an empty line at the end):

[Settings 7]

SearchObjectsEnabled=0

- start the service again.

When searching, objects will not be shown visually, but you'll still have the chance to pick the searched values.

Pascal
mg_gsi_da
Contributor III
Contributor III

We had the same issue and your workaround seem to fixed it.

Hopefully 3.2 will provide a solution