cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PuffDaddy
Contributor
Contributor

Analysis does not recognize date fields loaded via the editor

I'm new to Qlik Sense so this should be straight forward. 

I'm loading and concatenating multiple tables into one. I set the two date columns to the date format in the data load script as follows:

Load
Date(F11) AS [Start Date],
Date(F13) AS [End Date]

I used the same calendar as in the auto-generated script which ends with the reference to my date columns: 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[autoCalendar]:
DECLARE FIELD DEFINITION Tagged ('$date')
FIELDS
Dual(Year($1), YearStart($1)) AS [Year] Tagged ('$axis', '$year'),
Dual('Q'&Num(Ceil(Num(Month($1))/3)),Num(Ceil(NUM(Month($1))/3),00)) AS [Quarter] Tagged ('$quarter', '$cyclic'),
Dual(Year($1)&'-Q'&Num(Ceil(Num(Month($1))/3)),QuarterStart($1)) AS [YearQuarter] Tagged ('$yearquarter', '$qualified'),
Dual('Q'&Num(Ceil(Num(Month($1))/3)),QuarterStart($1)) AS [_YearQuarter] Tagged ('$yearquarter', '$hidden', '$simplified'),
Month($1) AS [Month] Tagged ('$month', '$cyclic'),
Dual(Year($1)&'-'&Month($1), monthstart($1)) AS [YearMonth] Tagged ('$axis', '$yearmonth', '$qualified'),
Dual(Month($1), monthstart($1)) AS [_YearMonth] Tagged ('$axis', '$yearmonth', '$simplified', '$hidden'),
Dual('W'&Num(Week($1),00), Num(Week($1),00)) AS [Week] Tagged ('$weeknumber', '$cyclic'),
Date(Floor($1)) AS [Date] Tagged ('$axis', '$date', '$qualified'),
Date(Floor($1), 'D') AS [_Date] Tagged ('$axis', '$date', '$hidden', '$simplified'),
If (DayNumberOfYear($1) <= DayNumberOfYear(Today()), 1, 0) AS [InYTD] ,
Year(Today())-Year($1) AS [YearsAgo] ,
If (DayNumberOfQuarter($1) <= DayNumberOfQuarter(Today()),1,0) AS [InQTD] ,
4*Year(Today())+Ceil(Month(Today())/3)-4*Year($1)-Ceil(Month($1)/3) AS [QuartersAgo] ,
Ceil(Month(Today())/3)-Ceil(Month($1)/3) AS [QuarterRelNo] ,
If(Day($1)<=Day(Today()),1,0) AS [InMTD] ,
12*Year(Today())+Month(Today())-12*Year($1)-Month($1) AS [MonthsAgo] ,
Month(Today())-Month($1) AS [MonthRelNo] ,
If(WeekDay($1)<=WeekDay(Today()),1,0) AS [InWTD] ,
(WeekStart(Today())-WeekStart($1))/7 AS [WeeksAgo] ,
Week(Today())-Week($1) AS [WeekRelNo] ;

DERIVE FIELDS FROM FIELDS [F11], [F13] USING [autoCalendar];

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I open the fields to create visualizations the date fields are not displayed with the calendar symbol on the side and do not have a breakdown for Month, Quarter, YearsAgo etc. Therefore I cannot graph the data on a continuous x-axis. 

Strangely, when I do the data load and navigate to Analysis and then to Data Insights the displayed fields do indeed have the calendar symbol yet disappear again once I switch to editing the charts. 

I am not sure what the problem is. I also created a master dimension (with no success) and for calendar measures when I click on the field, I get the error that "No data field is detected". 

Would appreciate any type of support here. 

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Replies