Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Annotations in Qlik Sense

Dear Legends/Guru's,

Is there any possibility of achieving annotations in Qlik Sense, something similar to what we have in QlikView?

Through any extensions or any other work around?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi Kaushik,

have you checked this article?

QlikSense Writeback demo - Approvals Workflow for dimensional values

GitHub - yianni-ververis/google-annotation-chart: Google Annotation Chart

Write Back extension in Sense

P.S:

I wouldn't recommend if your going to use this user commentary/annotations/write back feature in a very transaction level report/working with huge volume of data(i.e review the chart and row level add comments by multiple user instead you can do simplest summary level/ overall dashboard/sheet/object level commentary / (writeback into single field - forecast/manual adjustment kind activities can be easier and faster.)

I've done similar method in Oracle BI and Qlikview report and it's working fine at summary based chart.

Regards,

Deva

View solution in original post

10 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

have you looked at data stories to provide comment and context?

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi Kaushik,

have you checked this article?

QlikSense Writeback demo - Approvals Workflow for dimensional values

GitHub - yianni-ververis/google-annotation-chart: Google Annotation Chart

Write Back extension in Sense

P.S:

I wouldn't recommend if your going to use this user commentary/annotations/write back feature in a very transaction level report/working with huge volume of data(i.e review the chart and row level add comments by multiple user instead you can do simplest summary level/ overall dashboard/sheet/object level commentary / (writeback into single field - forecast/manual adjustment kind activities can be easier and faster.)

I've done similar method in Oracle BI and Qlikview report and it's working fine at summary based chart.

Regards,

Deva

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Dear Andy,

Yes I am aware of that, but what is required is real time commenting on charts, similar to what we have in QlikView.

Thanks for reply.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Thanks Deva,

I had a looked at the Google Annotation chart, but it doesnt fit in requirement.

But I will go though your other link and try it out.

Thanks

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

OmarBenSalem

I think you'll have to build your own extension that allow you to do this;

We had also this type of demand (an interactive interface to consult a generated alerts, comment / close them in real time (each comment made can be seen in real time by other users):

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

It's better to build up your own extension (if u're surrounded by experts in Web Services) than relating on other people's extensions.

Omar BEN SALEM.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Thanks Omar,

I understand that we can create whatever functionality we want using the various web technology and also Qlik API.

Just wanted to check if it is already available.

I believe in utilizing available options then reinventing it.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Refer to the below article about the reference web-service code and configuration steps etc.(note: this article code got some error while running Microsoft visual studio latest version so u can use the sample which i attached and it should work in qliksense as well.

SQL Writeback from QlikView extension object.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Deva

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Thanks Deva.

Will try and let you know.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

I tried and It works as per its use case, not exactly what I am looking for but it has helped me to generate the Idea.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki