Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

App preload

Hello

is there any possible way to preload a Qliksense app,it takes time to open and visualise data but when it's done selections are optimised and very fast (the volume is about 100 million rows)

Thanks for your help

9 Replies
prabhuappu
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

There is no default option to do app preload in qliksense. But it can be achieved using Qliksense .NET SDK.

Check the below link,

https://help.qlik.com/sense/2.1/en-us/developer/#../Subsystems/NetSDKAPI/Content/CodeExamples/App-Pr...

Regards,

Prabhu Appu

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Prabhu,

thanks for clarifying this, it would be really neccessary that Qlik adds such a feature to the server!

Is there any idea we can vote on it?

Also i would like to know, where can we set the timeout for loading app objects inside the qmc?

Actually without an preload our users get always a timeout when they open the app, the first time.

Please help to clarfiy this questions. Thanks!

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

There is also a project at Branch that takes the preload example shipped with Qlik Sense one step further:

http://branch.qlik.com/#/project/56728f52d1e497241ae69811

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the tipp, but this project is one year old and fails while execution even when we update the SDK to 2.2.3 !

Error Message:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Qlik.Engine, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) at CacheInitializer.Program.Main(String[] args)

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Ah, that project was created when the SDK was not available on Nuget. I created a branch where I use Nuget instead. You can find it here if you are interested in trying it out:

https://github.com/kolsrud/CacheInitializer/tree/nuget

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

My pull request was merged just now, so you should be able to use the project from the master branch again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for intervention,

but now the master branch is only 10kb? previous it was ~5Mb.

When merging thenew branch into the old and executing CacheInitializer.exe i get still the same error message

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

The branch is smaller, since I removed all the generated binaries (including the SDK binaries as they are now collected through nuget) from the repository.

Do you still get the "Version 1.1.0.0" message in your error message? Did you do a "git clean" before building? It could be that you have some old dll:s lying around that shouldn't be there.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, i do not have the tools to make a built.

It would be great if you could publish/attach the complete files.

Best regards!