cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

App thumbnails not showing in Sense server

After wrestling with this for a few days it's time to report it/reach out to the community.

I have uploaded a set of jpgs to the default content library, which has the default security settings:

thumbnail_1.png

The security rule verification indicates that I do have read access. Worth noting that I have tried all the below both with myself as a regular user, and with all content admin, security admin and root admin rights given to my account. Same thing happens.

thumbnail_2.png

thumbnail_3.png

The files uploaded to the content library have rather generous rights, to rule out issues there I've set them up so anyone on the server can read those files.

thumbnail_4.png

After creating a new app, I can then browser the available images in the content library, and set the thumbnail:

thumbnail_5.png

Problem is that the thumbnail then does not show up on the app... Not while editing the app, and not after publishing.

thumbnail_6.png

I suspect it being some kind of right issues though, as doing the same thing on the server, while logged in as superuser, works.

I can then set app thumbnails and view them also when the app has been published - but only as long as I am accessing the app as superuser (i.e. the user used to install Sense). If I access the app using my own personal account, the thumbnail does not show.

This whole thing is a bit strange as I am using a pretty much vanilla, out-of-the-box setup of Sense v1.0.2.

On the other hand, if this was a general problem/bug, I would have expected more reports of it here in the forums...

Any ideas?

/Göran

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
5 Replies
samiboyvn
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi all,

The same case as mountaindudementioned.

I already copy PNG file into 2 folder at:

- C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Content\Default

- C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\DefaultContent\DefaultMediaLibrary

But it's not working.

Please help us to fix this case.

Many Thanks,

Phung Nguyen

bradshields
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

You need to create a content library in the QMC

content library.PNG

and then upload the image(s) using the QMC

Upload.PNG

Just creating a folder and uploading images does not work.

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

I did everything in the QMC, still did not work.

However, with the most recent version of Sense the thumbnails are back to

normal/expected for me, so all good here now.

Thus: try upgrading to latest version, if not already done so.

//Göran

Sent from mobile

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
samiboyvn
Contributor III
Contributor III

Many thanks Brad Shields & Göran Sander,

I will try to upgrade my Sense Server.

Best regards,

Phung Nguyen

Shisho_Karsenty
Contributor III
Contributor III

Check the condition of the security rules is 'true'.

Note: Must be in lowercase ('true' and not 'TRUE')

image.png

Picture1.png