Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
assadandre
Contributor
Contributor

App viewing rights without QMC

Hello
If i am a business architect and user on qlik enterprise with no access to the QMC but i need to have the ability to control at least app viewing privileges if not streams without having to refer to IT for every change and or app creation.
In addition would it be possible to have different filtering within apps according to the user viewing it?
Thank you in advance,
Labels (2)
4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Hi,

It is not possible from the QS Hub to see or control user access to streams and apps. That requires access to the QMC and the appropriate rights within the QMC, i.e. those of the ContentAdmin role.

If by different filtering per users you mean that a user gets to see only some part of the data then I think you're looking for Section Access. See the online help for more information: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Security/m...

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sasis551
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi..can you go through Section access?
A) Application level security
MK9885
Master II
Master II

I know the pain of someone else having control of QMC....
unfortunately you'd need QMC for any type of App, stream or Obj level security.
For Data level you can use Section Access as developer.
Maybe ask them to create a Custom Admin role or Content Admin where you can control thru streams by adding or deleting the users?
assadandre
Contributor
Contributor
Author

will check