Qlik Community

Ask a Question

New to Qlik Sense

If you’re new to Qlik Sense, start with this Discussion Board and get up-to-speed quickly.

Announcements
Our May 2021 end-to-end product release from Data Integration to Data Analytics is out! READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex_rosu
Contributor II
Contributor II

AppSerializer: SaveApp_internal caught extended exception -1: Unknown error

Event viewer log:

"The description for Event ID 300 from source Engine cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

AppSerializer: SaveApp_internal caught extended exception -1: Unknown error"

alex_red_0-1600263453435.png

 

Version: Qlik Sense June 2019 Patch 11

Behavior in Qlik Sense: Scheduled application tasks are randomly failing in QMC - despite the failed status of the tasks in QMC, the application log does not show any technical issue, however, the task still fails.

Is anyone else facing this behavior?

 

 

11 Replies
Qlik_1987
Contributor
Contributor

I am encountering the same issue since last two weeks.

alex_rosu
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for sharing.

I have checked the Log Monitor for one of the failed apps from yesterday (QA Deviation Dashboard) and I found the following:

alex_red_0-1600328818891.png

 And expanding the log, it looks like there is an Engine: "Generic error." and after that, the task failure is triggered:

alex_red_1-1600328840215.png

I was not able to find anything related to this behavior.

sushma25
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Alex_red,

Could you please share the solution if you have got any as we are currently facing the same issue in April 2020 patch 5 and 7 as well?

janethlh
Partner
Partner

Hi guys, I'm experienced with same problem in February 2020 Patch 8. We  have reported to Qlik support 3 months ago but still have no solution yet. Can share the solution if your issue be solved? 

Many thanks.

alex_rosu
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

 

Hello,

I have also opened a case for Qlik Support on this matter 3 months ago but still, the issue has not yet been found.
What we also observed is that the CPU on our Central Node has an average consumption of over 90% - a LOT of postgres instances are consuming resources.

We suspect that the CPU high consumption and the randomly failed tasks are linked.

Are you experiencing the same behavior on your end?

Thanks in advance for sharing.
Br,
Alex

alex_red_0-1603277895421.png

 

sushma25
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

We have checked the CPU consumption and memory which is quite normal from our side and we are getting this unknown error on random intervals, not continuously.

Please do share the solution if you get any and even i will do the same

nategreen
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am having this issue with the Sept 20 release with all patches - did you find a solution?

Vicky_Z
Support
Support

Hi, we saw quite a few cases this error is caused by the blockage from Windows Defender. Could you please check? If you have other security or antivirus program running, you may also test by turning off temporarily.

alex_rosu
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your reply Vicky_Z,

Please note that this has been already tested while investigating with Qlik Support and all AV exceptions were correctly setup before we started to get this error.

Also, if this would be a blockage for from a security or AV program, the same tasks/apps would fail on a daily basis, correct? This is not the case, thus we experience random task failures, not consistent ones (as an example, a daily scheduled task will work today, fail tomorrow and then work again the day after tomorrow without any technical error - just the ones we have presented above from the Qlik logs).

When the extraction and transformation apps fail, we noticed that the QVD files are refreshed, however, the apps within the HUB are not refreshed since the task finishes in failed state.

What captured our attention, from the replies provided above, is that everyone who has noticed this issue had a Qlik Sense Patch applied - therefore this could be related to the root cause since the issue started from us also around the time we implemented Patch 11.

Best regards,

Alex