cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reko_freed
Contributor III
Contributor III

Apply a by default filter for all the tabs

I have 4-5 sheets and they contain same filter pane across all the sheets. I want to set a value to be applied by default for all the sheets from one of the filter panes. Please help me to achieve this

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

This is how Qlik works by default - any filter applied anywhere will be applied everywhere.

Reko_freed
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yup but I do not want to do it by myself like you go and select a value from the filter pane, that particular selection should be there by default for e.g. within Countries I want that the dashboard should reflect values for 'Germany' all the time for all the tabs

Or
MVP
MVP

If you want a specific object to always display the values for something - say Country = Germany - you should write that into the expression used in the object, for example:

Sum({< Country = {'Germany'} >} Sales)

For more details see Set Analysis in the documentation.

Reko_freed
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yeah, but then I need to do it for each and every visual repeating those for each and every tab. Is there any other way?

Or
MVP
MVP

You would use this in the master measures and then re-use those measures across different objects.

You could also set all of these sheets to a different state and then apply a selection to that state and lock it in, but that's not an approach I'd recommend.

In Qlik Cloud you can apply filters to a visualization directly, but this is not available in Qlik Sense Enterprise so I've never used it myself. See:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Sheets/visualization-fil...

Reko_freed
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Is it possible to lock a selection in filter pane? so, if the filter pane has three values suppose 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2003 is selected and locked, so now user cannot remove that selection from the filter pane but can select either 2001 or 2002. It will be really serving the purpose if it is possible.

Or
MVP
MVP

I don't know if locks can be saved as part of a default bookmark, but you could give it a try. You could also mark this field as Always One Selected, and then apply a default using the default bookmark.