Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vijay117
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

As part of DevOps pipeline, which component should i check in ?

For every App there will be a QVF which i can transferred to QA environment using CICD pipeline, But the QVF file will contain the data in it which also will transfer to QA environment. How can i avoid that ?

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

A quick workaround is to do a limited load of 1 row through the debugger before checking in the qvf.

-Rob

vijay117
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thanks Rob, That helps. But we cannot do it in while placing the component in Production. Is there any proper way how we can do it ?

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

In Qlik Sense November 2018 and later, you can export an app without data which fits this use case. Prior, this would not be possible. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/February2019/APIs/repositoryserviceapi/index.html?page=9...

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can you describe what your devops workflow is and what is desired?  As @Levi_Turner suggested, you have some code options. It would be good to understand more about what your environment is like now and what you are trying to accomplish. 

-Rob