Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Assign Professional License user

Hi All,

Qlik introduced Professional and Analyzer user- Qliksense web server Feb 2018 version

Can anyone know How to assign Professional license user .We have planned to install this version for the client.

Kindly share this information to me if anyone know.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
austinc65
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Good afternoon Sindhu,

We ran into an issue where we have only professional licenses and no tokens. We reached out to Qlik support, the following is what we got back:

Thanks for your email. We have created Customer Support case to assist you with this request.

I just got of the phone and this is what we found out:

• License key xxxxxxxxxxxxxx has x Professional users on it, not tokens. Professional users can be allocated to users in Qlik Sense Version April 2018, which is due to be released this week, I believe.

With that being said there are two ways to proceed:

Wait until the April 2018 version is released (again it should be available this week) -- upgrade the server to this version and assign Professional users out so Qlik Sense can be accessed.

If you plan to use a version prior to April 2018, you will need to work with your rep to see what options are available to add tokens to this license key. Prior to April 2018 releases, only tokens can be used.

Not sure how we were given licenses to a feature in a version that hadn't been released yet but I suggest you wait until the newest version of Qlik has been released before purchasing these licenses. We have the Feb 2018 version of Qlik installed and as stated above there is no way to allocate the professional licenses until the April 2018 release.

Hope this answers your question.

-Austin

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can anyone share the knowledge on this.

I am awaiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance

austinc65
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Good afternoon Sindhu,

We ran into an issue where we have only professional licenses and no tokens. We reached out to Qlik support, the following is what we got back:

Thanks for your email. We have created Customer Support case to assist you with this request.

I just got of the phone and this is what we found out:

• License key xxxxxxxxxxxxxx has x Professional users on it, not tokens. Professional users can be allocated to users in Qlik Sense Version April 2018, which is due to be released this week, I believe.

With that being said there are two ways to proceed:

Wait until the April 2018 version is released (again it should be available this week) -- upgrade the server to this version and assign Professional users out so Qlik Sense can be accessed.

If you plan to use a version prior to April 2018, you will need to work with your rep to see what options are available to add tokens to this license key. Prior to April 2018 releases, only tokens can be used.

Not sure how we were given licenses to a feature in a version that hadn't been released yet but I suggest you wait until the newest version of Qlik has been released before purchasing these licenses. We have the Feb 2018 version of Qlik installed and as stated above there is no way to allocate the professional licenses until the April 2018 release.

Hope this answers your question.

-Austin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Austin ,

Thanks a million for your response