Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

Assign label names to table column headers from xls file

Hi everyone,

I've been searching for a solution to automate the naming of table header columns with label names from an XML file or in an alternative way, if this is possible.

What I have is an XML-file that looks similar to this. (Although with approx. 1000 rows)

variablelabel.PNG

From the table box the list of available fields has all the names from column 3 e.g "JAJA_ORG.PRODUCTYN" etc.

I add this to the list of 'Fields Displayed in Tablebox' and I now want to rename all the different fieldnames, to the text from column one.

Is this possible trough an expression in the Label section, or is there a workaround to make this possible?

Thank you.

/Daud

2 Replies
awhitfield
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Assign label names to table column headers from xls file

aud,

can you upload an example QVW and .xls please?

Andy

ogster1974
Honored Contributor II

Re: Assign label names to table column headers from xls file

I've done something similar to solve 2 problems.

1. Clients want to use their own terminology but the same base dashboard

2. Sometimes text needs to be localised to the users preferred language.

For general text, titles, subtitles etc... I use the following.

A text table that contains

TextKey AS %TextKey,

"LanguageId" AS %LangKey,

"Text"

Like you have.

then in the label I insert the relevant sub key.

If(count({1<[%LangKey]=P([%LangKey]),%TextKey={'Audit Failure Rate'}>} [Text])<>1,

'Audit Failure Rate',

Aggr(Only({1<[%LangKey]=P([%LangKey]),%TextKey={'Audit Failure Rate'}>} [Text]), [Text]))

this assumes I have a filter for language selection and as users can have multiple languages selected.  I have a check for no text and multiple selection then goes to the text table for content based on a sub key.

This works for me.  The only issue I have is Sense hasn't made all its Labels changeable by expression yet so abit hit and miss with application.

Regards

Andy