Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mervin8911
Contributor II
Contributor II

Associating Tables with different data formats

Hi there

I am trying to associate tables from different data sources, I have 7 QVD files, 2 PNG and 1excel files that have the data I need. When I load my data, I  not able to associate the tables to get the results I need. Im new to Qlik and not sure if I am doing something wrong. The results I need are as follows

Total toll cost
Toll cost per trip
Toll cost per km
Toll cost per vehicle

I have attached a word document with screenshots of the data I have to get the desired results. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Mervin

Labels (1)
4 Replies
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

What problem are you experiencing?  Can you post your QVF?  If not, can you show your data model?

mervin8911
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi there

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I cannot attach the QVF, wont allow me to post a reply with the file type. If possible can you drop me an email and I can mail it to you if that is ok. My e-mail is mervin.govendersa@gmail.com

Thanks again for your assistance.

mervin8911
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Again

I have attached my data set in the different formats. I am having trouble associating the Transaction Reg row(7 QFV files) to the Transaction amount row. I also need to associate the PNG files to the amount Im not sure how to associate the data in the PNG files to QVF

andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

I'm sorry, but your message is too vague.  What "trouble associating" are you having?  These files are all in the same format - you should be able to concatenate the QVDs in your data load.  My recommendation on the PNGs would be to have them stored locally on your intranet and reference them by URL when someone clicks on whatever associates them to the record.