Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Associative Difference/Selection Highlighting not showing in demos

I've been exploring several of the demos in Qlik Sense, including the Digital Consumer Analytics - Shoe Retail demo.

I'm not seeing the associative selection model (described here) when I look over the slides. For example within that app, on the Record Detail Sheet, is a big table that looks like it would be great to explore in that fashion. However, I don't have those options and whenever I click on rows, it only filters on my selections in green, showing me the filtered set, rather than other possibles, excluded etc.

The only place I can see that functionality is if I go into the selection tool, but that's showing it on App Dimensions, rather than the nice table. What am I missing please?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The behaviour I'm after is in filters, rather than tables. Simple as that.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Hi Henry,

Once you have made a selection in the table, what you have selected appears in the selections bar at the top and from there you can click and select the ...  to open the menu to select alternative or excluded.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Lisa, that's great. I was hoping to be able to visualise it within the main table rather than a drop down though?

balabhaskarqlik

may be check this:

associative search

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bala, but that's Qlik View, rather than Qlik Sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The behaviour I'm after is in filters, rather than tables. Simple as that.

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

In QlikView you can right click to get those options