Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ciphergod
Contributor III
Contributor III

Automated Storytelling

Hi,

Would like to find out if there are any ways to have an automated storytelling, intended for a display for everyone to see in real time.

Currently I have created the dashboard i needed, put the whole dashboard as live data sheet into stories. I have about 4 slides within this story.

The problem i am facing is that the story doesnt loop or even change automatically. Is there any ways this can be achieved? Ways i've looked into thus far includes mashup(not versed in webpage coding), another user also created link to each sheet and used a chrome extension to loop it(not feasible in my case)

Is there any methods that i have missed out or are available that can help me achieve this? Basically a way to automatically loop story when in playing mode. I am using Qliksense Enterprise.

Thank in advance!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

You can use the below extension to scroll thru Sheets instead,

https://developer.qlik.com/garden/570ca6aa15a2deb17e15440a

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
avinashelite

Real time , I don't think its possible currently. Only way i see to achieve this to increase your refresh interval to may be 5 mins, 10 mins etc .

Other way is use Nprinting and  publish this stories as HTML or web content so once the users hit the URL it would be picked to render the data/story  

ciphergod
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Avi,

I currently have my data refreshed every 1 hour, but that refreshes the data to the most current, which isnt the problem im facing here. the problem i have is that I have a few slides in stories that i hope can go in a loop like a presentation so it can be a display on a large screen.

Does NPrinting have the capability to do that?

avinashelite

Yes , NPrinting has the loop and reduce capabilities . 

ciphergod
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Sorry im slightly confused, how does that help with my problem. I am trying to display sort of a 'slideshow' of the dashboard i have created on a display screen. I cant visualise how NPrinting's loop and reduce would help in this situation.

avinashelite

Sorry , slideshow where ? in the website ? using HTML , CSS 

SabrinaMer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Can I use this API to add a model ( Template ) for my stories, like we do in PowerPoint, Please?

Thank you. 

prathusha_gandl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am looking for solution for the exact issue.Appreciate if you could let me know if you have figured out the solution.Thanks!

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

You can use the below extension to scroll thru Sheets instead,

https://developer.qlik.com/garden/570ca6aa15a2deb17e15440a

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.