Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Foxwhite92
Contributor II
Contributor II

Automatic selection according to a variable in Filter Pane

Hello, 

I'm looking for a way to enable automatic selection of a filter pane from a variable in a dropdown list.

Let me explain, I created a drop-down list with the names of people. Then I used a  filter  pane to limit the display based on the dropdown value. Now I want to be able to automatically activate the value in the filter pane without having to each time select the value in the drop-down list, activate the value in the filter pane, desactivate the filter...
The reason for this is that I am using one chart only from the drop down list and other charts depending on the filter pane, so I need them to be related. But I don't want to navigate between selecting one side and selecting the other side.

I don't find like a select field function.

Here's a screenshot to help you understand my need :

Foxwhite92_0-1652109223675.png

On the left, this is the drop-down list and on the right the filter pane. 

If the value in the filter pane could be activated automatically according to the value in the drop down list, without  clik on the filter pane, it would be awesome.

Could me please, if there is a possibility for doing this ?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Variables cannot trigger field selections

Not sure what you are trying to achieve here

The reason for this is that I am using one chart only from the drop down list and other charts depending on the filter pane, so I need them to be related. But I don't want to navigate between selecting one side and selecting the other side.

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Foxwhite92
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I just want to use a down-down list filter, to select only one person each time.

But, there is no object such a drown-list filter instead of the filter pane.

So, I have tried using the variable input object as drop-drown list.

The easier way is to have an extension where I can directly use the drop-down list filter.

But, unfortunatelly I have very little knowledge about create extension in Qlik sense. Moreover, I have a Qlik sense Cloud license with no access to the Web-dev. I can't even help myself with an example.

Thank you for your reply, if you have any suggestion, do not hesitate.