Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imtiaz_ullah
Creator
Creator

Average of total dimension vs selected record

Hi guys,

I am trying to calculate the avg of a value within a dimension so I can visualise to outputs.

actual sum of current selection vs AVG of the entire dimension

Background.

I am trying to calculate the percentage of emails opened and then compare it against the avg number of emails opened within a particular dimension.

By this I mean that I have a one to many relationship - a list contains many mailings. List is a dimension within my data model.

Therefore I want to calculate the avg no. Opens for the selected list vs the actual select mailing value.

Regards

Immy

9 Replies
imtiaz_ullah
Creator
Creator
Author

Just to add... the Avg calculation should not update if I then select a mailing record, as it should reflect the avg of the previous dimension.

I hope that makes sense?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

It's difficult to understand/work on your question without any sample data or sample application.

imtiaz_ullah
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes i understand but I need to be careful about uploading the data as some of it is sensitive.

Thoughts?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

You can always create few lines of dummy data and upload by excel...

imtiaz_ullah
Creator
Creator
Author

OK so just a data sample is enough and the qvf or just excel?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Excel data along with your required result would be more than enough

imtiaz_ullah
Creator
Creator
Author

Data attached.

So if you take for example the list = TestData_abandoned_basket, this will have a number of mailings which I also have as a dimension. Hierarchy is List > Mailing.

The average number of TotalClicks for all mailings in the list on 01/12/2014 is 12, but the actual number of TotalClicks for the mailing named 00824_Trigger_AdandonedBasket is 5.

I want to display in a textbox/KPI the average number for the selected list.

If I select a mailing after that, then the average number should remain for the list and not change once I click on the mailing.

Cheers

Immy

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

=Avg({<Mailing = ,  list_ = {'TestData_abandoned_basket'}>}TotalClicks)

imtiaz_ullah
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the correct answer Manish:

Avg({<MailingName = >}TotalClicks)