cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HawthorneJ_SCFT
Contributor III
Contributor III

Background color by expression has broken

I have built a dashboard where the background color of a KPI chart changes based on the % performance (e.g. under 90% it the background color will be green).

This was working fine last week but has now broken and I can't get the background to change color at all.

Has something been changed in Qlik Sense which has broken the functionality?

Thanks

Julie

Labels (3)
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, I have tons of apps with background color expression working, if you can upload a sample we can take a look... or maybe it's a extension I haven't used.

View solution in original post

HawthorneJ_SCFT
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your reply. I worked out the issue and it was where I was using a variable for colour with the following synatax:
           color('#24B32F')
This was working fine until last week when it no longer recognised the colour in the visualisation.

I changed the variable expression to just
             ='#24B32F'
and it worked again

Not sure what changed and had to rewrite the variables but it wasn't too much of an issue in the end

rubenmarin

Hi, I didn't use that funcion, in fact I don't see color() as a color function: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2022/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/Color...

Please check your answer as a correct answer so, in case someone else was using that function, they can see a possible solution when they enter the thread.

HawthorneJ_SCFT
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm not sure where I got that color() function from... maybe an old QlikView one?

Anyway, the solution was to just use ='' with the hex number and this works.

4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, I have tons of apps with background color expression working, if you can upload a sample we can take a look... or maybe it's a extension I haven't used.

HawthorneJ_SCFT
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your reply. I worked out the issue and it was where I was using a variable for colour with the following synatax:
           color('#24B32F')
This was working fine until last week when it no longer recognised the colour in the visualisation.

I changed the variable expression to just
             ='#24B32F'
and it worked again

Not sure what changed and had to rewrite the variables but it wasn't too much of an issue in the end

rubenmarin

Hi, I didn't use that funcion, in fact I don't see color() as a color function: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2022/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/Color...

Please check your answer as a correct answer so, in case someone else was using that function, they can see a possible solution when they enter the thread.

HawthorneJ_SCFT
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm not sure where I got that color() function from... maybe an old QlikView one?

Anyway, the solution was to just use ='' with the hex number and this works.