Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Backup and Restore Qlik Sense Apps

Hi techies,

I have use case where I have to move my concern published app from its stream to a backup stream lets say TEST STREAM or somewhere else so it will be hidden from my client but when I restore it back to its stream it will be as it is.

There are three possible ways I know which are:

1. Export from qmc and later import: we will loose my sheet of users and community sheets.

2. Take backup of binary file from physical storage: here we will loose the mapping of my sheet for corresponding users and community sheet mapping too. All sheets will be base sheets on restore.

3. Moving app from one stream to another: this way also make us loose my sheets and community sheets.

Objective is when I restore my concern app back to the its original stream, the my sheets and community sheets will be back on their place as they were.

Please suggest some solution
Thanks in advance
Rohit
Labels (1)
7 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Rohit,

Why don't you duplicate the app and create a stream called Backup? Because you won't really loose the community sheets, because they stay on the app. When you then publish the backup back to the production stream, they will stay.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

If you got it correctly

1. First I duplicate the app, then the app will appear in My Work.

2. Publish it to BACKUP stream.

3. When needed, Duplicate again then again it will come to My Work and republish it to its original stream.

Please confirm above steps.

Second what about My Sheets which are mapped for their owner only?

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

@JordyWegman  please add your inputs.

I don't think community sheets come back after duplicate, republish back to same stream.

Thanks,

Rohit

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Rohit,

Yes that is correct. As long as you don't remove the application in the production stream, the community sheets are going to stay connected to that app ID. You can't remove the production app and then publish the one from your work. Then the community sheets will be gone indeed.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Hi Jordy,

My objective is to remove the app from Production stream for some time and when client wants it back then I would bring it to Production or original stream.

If I duplicate the app and publish it to Test stream then of course I will loose My sheets and Community sheets.

I am looking for a way to disappear the app for some time from Production stream and bring it back if needed.

cattalystix
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Another Qlik product about to hit the market!
#Ebiexperts are happy to announce Active Backup for Qlik.

Launching 12 April 2022
Time: 05:00 PM in Zurich

Register today for the Launch Webinar
https://bit.ly/3NqtFQ1

Active Backup - Webinar Social Media Posts.png

cattalystix
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Another Qlik product about to hit the market!
#Ebiexperts are happy to announce Active Backup for Qlik.

Launching 12 April 2022
Time: 05:00 PM in Zurich

Register Today
https://bit.ly/3NqtFQ1

Active Backup - Webinar Social Media Posts.png