Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bar Chart : 3 Dimensions and 1 measure

Hi,

I want a bar chart with 3 dimensions (A,B,C)and 1 measure.

It should be like , for each of the A dimension values I need different bars for B.And the measure in the bar should be split (stacked) according to dimension C.

Please help me on this

11 Replies
OmarBenSalem

can you explain this with a drawn image image?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Omar,

I am unable to upload the image here.. it's showing 'Image type is forbidden'. Any other way to share the image?

OmarBenSalem

do a screen shot of your image maybe?

and then use this to upload it :

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sampleTableau.JPG

OmarBenSalem

Good, can you share a test excel file containing this data (some test data) or maybe a test app to work on it?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Omar,

I have used this sheet to create the sample report.

Sample - Superstore Sales (Excel).xls |Tableau Community

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Faris,

Create a bar chart with 2 dimension and one measure. After that, color the bar chart using the third dimension(use  'Color by dimension' in Color and legend tab) or use color by expression(using the third dimension for custom coloring).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI Jeshwin,

Even then I am not getting it properly in a stacked bar. If possible, can you please send me a sample qvf ?

joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III

I just had this issue and found a solution that worked for me:

1 - Create your bar chart with the 3 dimensions and 1 measure

2 - Make sure your most outward dimension (if you are doing year/month/week, it would be year) is listed first.

3 - On the 'Dimensions' page, click the 'Trellis' button.

4 - If you have a fixed number of years (or first dimensions) this will work best, but now check 'Enable Trellis Chart', then for number of columns, select your fixed number, and number of rows, select 1. 

Hope this helps!