Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwb139
Creator
Creator

Bar Chart Off of Unusual Data Set Up

Hey all,

I have an unusual table that I am drawing data from where I have my months as dimensions instead of as values in a single dimension. I would like to make a rolling 12 month bar chart for this but can't seem to figure out how to structure my expressions to give me it. Any help would be amazing. Thanks!

rwb139_0-1611333922467.png

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I already seeing only 12 months data in chart? Can u explain bit more

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
rwb139
Creator
Creator
Author

@Anil_Babu_Samineni 

Apologies. That is my data manager. I would like a bar chart that is a rolling 12 month based off of the dimensions labeled "jan", "feb", "mar", etc. Is that a little clearer?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

In the end, we can use like this for rolling 12 months

Sum({<Year={">$(=AddYears(Max(Year), -1))<=$(=Max(Year))"}>} Measure)

Or

Above(Sum(Measure), 0, 12, RowNo(TOTAL))

Also check here : https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/Calculating-rolling-n-period-totals-averages-or-oth... 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
rwb139
Creator
Creator
Author

Well I'm thinking the issue is that since I don't have a "month" column to order them by, that a rolling 12 month won't be possible. I don't know what dimension I would use for my bars. Also this is the result from the expression. I'm guessing that's correct? Thanks for your help!

rwb139_1-1611344627646.png

rwb139_0-1611344592259.png

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What you have written in the expression is wrong as per result validation. But, If you can share some sample data we can think of that. Anyway, dimension is something you need to decide on what base you are doing pictorial for business. For me, Month can be use (But you are saying you don't have month field)