Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vidyasagar159
Creator II
Creator II

Bar Chart Trellis for more than 2 Dimensions.

Hello Everyone,

I am working on QlikSense. I know that we cannot use more than 2 dimensions in a Stacked Bar chart. So I have decided to create a multiple Barcharts with the 3rd dimension. Can someone please help with the logic. Please find the information below.

Dimension 1: YEAR (This goes on x-axis)

Dimension2: Fruits exp: Apple, Banana, Grapes (This goes to the colors)

Dimension3: if(aggr(sum(sales),company,year)>50,greater than 50',if(aggr(sum(sales),company,year)<50,'Less than 50',if(aggr(sum(sales),company,year)>50 and aggr(sum(sales),company,year)<100,'50 to 100',if(aggr(sum(sales),company,year)>100 and aggr(sum(sales),company,year)<200,'100 to 200')))). So i have 4 dimensions or Categories from this expression.

Measure: Sum(Sales)

Since I do not have an option to show 3 dimensions in one single bar chart. I want to split the bar chart into 4 based on my 3rd dimension expression.

Thanks in Advance,

-Vidya

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vidyasagar159
Creator II
Creator II
Author

So this is how I fixed the issue. Thanks to the community and collaboration.

• I created the Dimension3 in a Load script editor as

[Size Table]:

load

year,

company,

if(aggr(sum(sales),company,year)>50,greater than 50',if(aggr(sum(sales),company,year)<50,'Less than 50',if(aggr(sum(sales),company,year)>50 and aggr(sum(sales),company,year)<100,'50 to 100',if(aggr(sum(sales),company,year)>100 and aggr(sum(sales),company,year)<200,'100 to 200')))) as Size

resdient [Main Table]

group by year, Company;

• Dimension2 i have created it in a dimension expression

if(wildmatch(Category1,'*Apple*') and Flag=0 then 'Green Apple',

if(Category2 = 'Grapes' and Flag =1 then 'Red Grapes',

'All other fruits'

)) as Fruits

• Measure Expression: Now I want to split the bar charts based on the Size dimension.

Chart1: Sum({<SIZE={"greater than 50"}>}sales)

Chart2: Sum({<SIZE={"less than 50"}>}sales)

Chart3: Sum({<SIZE={"50 to 100"}>}sales)

Chart4: Sum({<SIZE={"100 to 200"}>}sales)

• Now the final step is to convert all the Bar Charts into 100% stacked bars. To do so,

Sum({<SIZE={"greater than 50"}>}sales)/ AGGR(sum({<SIZE={"greater than 50"}>} total <year> sales)

,YEAR,category1,category2,Flag)

Final Result:

100%Stacked Bars.PNG

Thanks,

-Vidya

View solution in original post

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be create 4 different charts?

vidyasagar159
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes. I want to create 4 charts. But I am not getting the right logic actually I am new to this tool. I am trying to put the filter in measure expression but it's not working as expected.

Example:

Measure Expression for Chart 1:

if(aggr(sum(sales),company,year)>50,sum(sales)/aggr(nodistinct sum(sales),year)

But i am not getting the right results

Thanks,

-Vidya

sunny_talwar

You expression for the initial chart was just Sum(Sales)... why do you have aggr(nodistinct sum(sales),year) at the end of the second chart?

vidyasagar159
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Becuase i want 100% Stacked Bar chat.

Thanks,

-Vidya

sunny_talwar

So may be like this

Sum(Aggr(If(Sum(sales) > 50, Sum(Sales)), company, year))/Aggr(NODISTINCT Sum(sales), year)

vidyasagar159
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sum(Aggr(If(Sum(sales) > 50, Sum(Sales)), company, year)) This expression is giving me the total sales of all the Fruits which is correct. But when i am hovering the cursor on each fruit the sales amount is showing wrong. Maybe i need to investigate more by converting bar chart to a pivot table. And i believe that is the reason i am not getting 100% stacked bar with the below expression.

Sum(Aggr(If(Sum(sales) > 50, Sum(Sales)), company, year))/Aggr(NODISTINCT Sum(sales), year)

Thanks,

-Vidya

sunny_talwar

May be you need to add Fruit to the Aggr()

Sum(Aggr(If(Sum(sales) > 50, Sum(Sales)), company, year, Fruit))

vidyasagar159
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Wish it can be that easy. Unfortunately, Fruit is also a calculated dimension.

Example:

Fruit Dimension Expression:

if(wildmatch(Category1,'*Apple*') and Flag=0 then 'Green Apple',

if(Category2 = 'Grapes' and Flag =1 then 'Red Grapes',

'All other fruits'

))

Here i am only interested in (Green Apples and Red Apples)

Thanks,

-Vidya

vidyasagar159
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I am just thinking of creating a Fruit dimension from Load Script Editor by creating a new LOAD table.

Thanks,

Vidya