Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helge_jorg
Creator
Creator

Bar Chart - differentiated by colour or as single bars

Hi

I’m a newcomer to Qlik Sense and I have some questions regarding how to display multiple items in a bar chart, differentiated by colour in a bar chart or as single bars in a bar chart.

I would like to display and differentiate development wells based on the purpose of the wells – injection, observation and production. For now, I can only display them all tougher in a bar chart, but I would like to display them as stacked bars differentiated by colour or by single bars where the wells are stacked in single bars.

Thanks

Cheers
Helge
Differation of development wellbores.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try adding purpose as a dimension to the bar chart to differentiate the counts based on well purpose. Under appearance select the 'Colors by dimension' as well as the 'Stacked' option to change appearance of the bar chart.

Appearance --> Presentation --> Stacked

Appearance --> Colors and Legends --> Custom off --> By dimension

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

Edit the chart and go to colors and legend.  Turn off Custom Color button.

You then have several options for colors.  You can choose to color by expression and build and expression that assigns the color you want based on the type of well for example. Or have Qlik assign the colors.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try adding purpose as a dimension to the bar chart to differentiate the counts based on well purpose. Under appearance select the 'Colors by dimension' as well as the 'Stacked' option to change appearance of the bar chart.

Appearance --> Presentation --> Stacked

Appearance --> Colors and Legends --> Custom off --> By dimension

Hope this helps

jayaseelan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Try this and you can set the colour here.

Capture.PNG

helge_jorg
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Ugonna! Now the wells are organized the way i want them to!

Thanks allot for the help all!

cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

glad I could help!