cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jorich919
Contributor III
Contributor III

Bar chart as a timeline with drill down

I have a dataset where each observation is a contract/agreement with fields of ID number, contract $ value, contract date, cost center, etc.
I would like to use a bar chart as a timeline to show upcoming contracts due, but I would like to be able to click on the bar at a certain date and then show the contracts (and other info) for the contracts due on that specific date.

I can build the bar chart to show count (height of bar) of contracts at each date, but its the drill down to each date's contracts that I'm stuck on.

Any advice on the best (and most "New-to-Qlik-Sense" user friendly) way to accomplish this?

Thank you!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gui_Approbato
Creator III
Creator III

Can you share some rows of the table just to exemplify?

I believe that besides the drill-down from date to contract, you will have to use a conditional to change the dimension.

Like "  if( getselectedcount(Date)=1, Contract, Date) " as the main dimension.

Then, when you select 1 date, the dimension (x axis) will be the contracts within that date.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gui_Approbato
Creator III
Creator III

Can you share some rows of the table just to exemplify?

I believe that besides the drill-down from date to contract, you will have to use a conditional to change the dimension.

Like "  if( getselectedcount(Date)=1, Contract, Date) " as the main dimension.

Then, when you select 1 date, the dimension (x axis) will be the contracts within that date.

Jorich919
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Gui. I'm sure that would work, but I found a much simpler fundamental way that I hadn't thought of earlier.

I added a table in the bottom have of my sheet with the fields that I want. Then when someone clicks on a date bar in the bar chart it will automatically filter the data to only shows those contracts in the table.

Thanks again!!