Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BI_Dev
Creator II
Creator II

Bar chart in Qliksense

I have data as below.

CityDateAmount
Austin1/4/20205000
Dallas1/1/20207000

I want a bar chart with Date as dimension and then I want to show Amount measure, but inside the bar I want to show city name vs amount..is this doable ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You mean like this?

Anil_Babu_Samineni_0-1609873323719.png

Measure : Dual(Concat(City &':'& Amount,Chr(10)), Sum(Amount))

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try like this as measure and see if that give shot?

Dual(City & ':' & Sum(Amount), Sum(Amount))

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
BI_Dev
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you, but this did not add city name to the bar..instead it shows amount.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Is this not what you need?

Anil_Babu_Samineni_0-1609867648469.png

BI_Dev
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yeah - Thank you much..this is what I want,

I have a scenario where 2 cities has the same date.Can I stack by City ? If I pick 1/1/2020,stack bar with Dallas and Houston Amount

CityDateAmount
Austin1/4/20205000
Dallas1/1/20207000
Houston1/1/20203000
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You mean like this?

Anil_Babu_Samineni_0-1609873323719.png

Measure : Dual(Concat(City &':'& Amount,Chr(10)), Sum(Amount))

BI_Dev
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yeah - almost...request I have is to stack bar by city...like Dallas will have 1 stack & Houston will have the second stack..Thank you much.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

like this? If so, Add another dimension as City 

Anil_Babu_Samineni_0-1609948214627.png

BI_Dev
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yeah - i tried that but for some reason I only see numbers inside the stack & not city.I have the same expression though.Capture.PNG

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be share some sample application also show your dim and measures how it is?