Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar graph

Hello!!!

I need a help with a bar graph. I want to plot a graph with variable "subjects" in dimension and student's marks as a measure. And I want to show that if I select a particular student, I get a bar graph showing his marks in all the subjects. The below image depicts what I want with students name in filter.

Students result.png

7 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

‌wHat help do you actually need the requirement seems straight forward

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Rupali,

This works the same as i posted in the other thread.

There is no group option as such in QlikSense. But you can achieve this using an extension and pick() function.

Create an extension(Toggle buttons or a single button based on your requirement) which toggles through the numbers 1 to 4 and this extension should update a variable (vPick) with the number.(Assuming that there are only 4 dimension to go around)

now use this as your dimension in a bar chart.

pick($(vPick),[Dim1],[Dim2],[Dim3],[Dim4])

If this is a must have requirement, let me know and I will help you build an extension for you.

Thanks,

Sangram Reddy.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Rupali,

So what you need here is a drill down dimension and not a group.

So As you wanted: When you select a student it should drill down to his respective subjects. Right?

If thats the case, Create a master dimension in QlikSense which is a drill down.

Check the QVF which I have attached.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Thanks,

Sangram.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

To merge these charts into one view try implementing this which mimics the cyclical functionality allowing you to have different context within the same chart.  Uses existing extensions.

Makes Sense to go round in circles

Not applicable
Author

Yeah It works!!! Thank you for your help

Not applicable
Author

Thank You Mr. Andy Weir for your help

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

You are always Welcome!