Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

Bar graph

Hello!!!

I need a help with a bar graph. I want to plot a graph with variable "subjects" in dimension and student's marks as a measure. And I want to show that if I select a particular student, I get a bar graph showing his marks in all the subjects. The below image depicts what I want with students name in filter.

Students result.png

8 Replies
MVP
MVP

Re: Bar graph

Something like this:

Without Selection

Capture.PNG

With A Selected as Name

Capture.PNG

Not applicable

I want it in qlik sense

MVP
MVP

Oh okay. Not sure if there are groups in Qlik Sense. May be Reddys310‌ can help.

Best,

Sunny

reddys310
Honored Contributor II

Hi Rupali,

There is no group option as such in QlikSense. But you can achieve this using an extension and pick() function.

Create an extension(Toggle buttons or a single button based on your requirement) which toggles through the numbers 1 to 4 and this extension should update a variable (vPick) with the number.(Assuming that there are only 4 dimension to go around)

now use this as your dimension in a bar chart.

pick($(vPick),[Dim1],[Dim2],[Dim3],[Dim4])

If this is a must have requirement, let me know and I will help you build an extension for you.

Not applicable

Sorry but I didn't get your solution.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 1:48 AM, Rupali Rani Kaushik <rupalicpie@gmail.com>

reddys310
Honored Contributor II

Hi Rupali,

You do not have an option to define a group in QlikSense. But there are alternatives to achieve the same using extension objects. You need to develop one with the functionality I mentioned. The main purpose of this extension would be to update a variable with number 1 to n based on the number of dimension required in the group.

This updated variable can be used in a calculated dimension like this:

Pick($(Variable),[Dim1],[Dim2],[Dim3],.........,[DimN])

Not applicable

Can you please explain it using the sample data I attached? I get the subjects in dimension but when I take marks as a measure, I need to add an aggregation. Using sum aggregate, I get the sum of marks obtained by all the students in that particular subject. Whereas what I want is that if I select a particular student,say B, then I want a graph of actual marks obtained by that student 'B' in different different subjects.

reddys310
Honored Contributor II

Hi Rupali,

So what you need here is a drill down dimension and not a group.

So As you wanted: When you select a student it should drill down to his respective subjects. Right?

If thats the case, Create a master dimension in QlikSense which is a drill down.

Check the QVF which I have attached.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Thanks,

Sangram.