Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
berryandcherry6
Creator II
Creator II

Bargraph: Shows all data 100%

Hi,

i have bar Graph, where i Need to put graph for Q1 and Q2,

where Q1 has many options, but i need to show count for only 'Agree' and 'Strongly Agree'.

where Q2 has many options, but i need to show count for only 'Agree' and 'Strongly Agree'.

If i put graph it shows all 100%, Please find attached qvf file.

Dimension 1:

if(match(question_id,'Q1','Q2'),if(question_id='Q1','GOOD IMPRESSION',if(question_id='Q2','SUCCESSFUL IN EDUCATING')))

Diemnsion 2:

if(match(answer_text,'Strongly Agree','Agree'),answer_text)

Expression:

count({$<answer_text={'Agree','Strongly Agree'}>}distinct lender_offer_id)/count(distinct lender_offer_id)

Please help me on this

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OmarBenSalem

My bad:

count(distinct lender_offer_id)/count(distinct{<question_id={'Q1','Q2'}>}  total lender_offer_id)

We need to only divide by total for question Q1 and Q2:

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

8 Replies
danansell42
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

Is this what you are wanting?

All i done was change expression to:

count( lender_offer_id)

However maybe you wanted  count(DISTINCT lender_offer_id)

Bargraph.PNG

OmarBenSalem

Try to add Total in your expression and then format it as %:

count({$<answer_text={'Agree','Strongly Agree'}>}distinct lender_offer_id)/count(distinct TOTAL lender_offer_id)

Capture.PNG

ps : you do not need this part {$<answer_text={'Agree','Strongly Agree'}>} since you're already aggregating your expression by this 2 values (Agree and strongly agree); these are you're dimension already.

So, count(distinct lender_offer_id)/count(distinct TOTAL lender_offer_id) will have the same effect

berryandcherry6
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Omer,

Thanks its working now.

But i have issue in Percentage it is Showing.

For Q1, For options Agree = 292, strongly Agree = 718

For Q1, For all options i have 6922

so For Agree, 292/6922 = 4.21%. Then why is it showing  3.97% in graph?.

OmarBenSalem

My bad:

count(distinct lender_offer_id)/count(distinct{<question_id={'Q1','Q2'}>}  total lender_offer_id)

We need to only divide by total for question Q1 and Q2:

Capture.PNG

berryandcherry6
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks it works, Can you explain the use of TOTAL in here?

OmarBenSalem

Yes of course, if our expression is :

count(distinct lender_offer_id)/count(distinct lender_offer_id)

without the total, and we have as a dimension: Agree and strongly agree and Q1, Q2 as in your case:

that means count(distinct lender_offer_id) = count ids for our dimensions;

Now if you wanna count the TOTAL of the IDs no matter the dimension, we add the TOTAL; then add the Q1 and Q2 to force it again to only count the total IDs for our 2 questions.

result:

berryandcherry6
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi omar,

i have one more thing here where i have stuck

you mentioned no need to use second dimension,instead can use in expression itself. like below

Now, what if i am not aware of question_id , and need to display for all question_id's ?

OmarBenSalem

I don't really get what you're willing to do; but if want to divide by count lender_offer_id for all the question ids;

you need to do this:

count(distinct lender_offer_id)/count(distinct{<question_id=>}  total lender_offer_id)