Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Basic Chart with no-slider-axis

Hi

and sorry in advance if my question has already been asked/answered...

Really easy need : i want to set a chart displaying a measure by day for the current year. By default the chart displays the 20 first days and a slider let you scroll to the next days if needed. Here my need is to see the whole set of days from the 1st of January to the current day, to see the global trend and then focus on a specific period if needed. No slider, just a basic excel-like chart.

Is there something i missed ?

or do you know if that kind of extension exists in Qlikbranch ?

Thank you !

Stephane

9 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try setting the X-axis to Continuous on the Axes tab.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert ! Reading your answer, I guess I may be in the wrong section. My question is about Qliksense and not Qlikview.

Is your answer still available or is it about QV ?

Because in Sense, I’m not sure how to switch for ‘continuous’.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

My answer applies to Qlikview. In Qlik Sense there's no way to disable the slider. You'd need an extension for that. Perhaps this extension works for you: D3 Visualization Library

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Ok thank you vm. It confirms what I thought..

I tried this one. There’s one basic chart indeed with no slider but it displays the whole value and don’t give the ability to only display one date out of ten for instance.

I gonna have to be patient then…

Thanks for your help Gysbert !

Stephane

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

As a workaround perhaps you could use drill down value as a dimension on your chart which is currently supported in Qlik Sense.  Start at quarter or month level which should sit nicely in the space you have available then drill down into the days for a given month.

Regards

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andy, thank you for you help. I tried this indeed : displaying values month by month, it’s ‘ok’ but it flatten my trends to much

I’m quite surprised there’s no extension yet that displays only relevant dates from the beginning to the end on a fix width.

Cause it’s such a basic need..

Thanks anyway, much appreciate !

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

What about including weeks in your drill down on a quarter view compared year on year.  might give you some useful trend data over a quarterly or monthly lifecycle.

Not applicable
Author

I know my users and they will ask for the “simplest” thing. One date axis, data day by day, no slider, nor drill.

I set 2 charts : one with the global view month by month that fit with no slide. And right next to that one, another focused on the last 10 days with no slide as well.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

That will look good.  The data slider is a good view for large number of data points.  I've had positive feedback from users when its been used as they look for the needle and focus on that area.