Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drudd75077
Contributor II
Contributor II

Basic calculations don't seem to be working

I am trying to calculate the absolute value using FABS and Count on an amount column. However, my results didn't look accurate. I'm getting no value when I look for the absolute value by date. I'm getting some values when I look at absolute values by GL number and I get some information when I do a count by role.

However I know the absolute by date isn't accurate as it's showing me nothing, but the by G/L and by user id doesn't agree to SAP.

However, when I look at the count of rows by using (count of local) in my SQL database I'm getting the same number.

I'm really not sure why these what seem like basic math operators aren't returning what I was expecting. My underlying table is a straight table of my GL detail no joins or any extra scripting. Any ideas?

2018-07-26 19_40_10-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

ByDateAbsValue.pngbygl.pngcountagrees.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
drudd75077
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

As I suspected, I'm an idiot. I need to wrap my absolute in a sum to get it to total the amounts. I think it was just converting my result to an absolute value (and my g/l detail nets to zero as it should)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
drudd75077
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

As I suspected, I'm an idiot. I need to wrap my absolute in a sum to get it to total the amounts. I think it was just converting my result to an absolute value (and my g/l detail nets to zero as it should)