Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gulshan_rohilla
Contributor
Contributor

Before Function in Pivot table

Hello everyone,

I have a pivot table in Qlik Sense in which two measures were there, first is Sales and Second one is upto Sales.

1.) Sales :- Sales is given(already calculated)

2.) Upto Sales :- Derived measure from sales like if i have sales from Jan to Dec then in upto sales measure i want in jan month jan sales shows, in feb = jan+feb, in mar=jan+feb+mar, in apr=jan+feb+mar+apr.......................and in dec=jan+feb+mar+apr+..................+dec (i.e. upto that month)

I have written some expression but i am facing one issue i.e.

Jan = Jan

Feb = Jan + Feb

Mar = Feb +Mar

Dec = Nov + Dec

i.e. only previous month plus current month.

below is my attached expression:-

IF($(eSalesPartyWiseYTD)<>NULL() AND BEFORE($(eSalesPartyWiseYTD))<>NULL(),RANGESUM($(eSalesPartyWiseYTD),BEFORE($(eSalesPartyWiseYTD))),

IF((ISNULL(BEFORE($(eSalesPartyWiseYTD))) OR BEFORE($(eSalesPartyWiseYTD))='-') AND $(eSalesPartyWiseYTD)<>NULL(),$(eSalesPartyWiseYTD),

IF(ISNULL($(eSalesPartyWiseYTD)) AND BEFORE($(eSalesPartyWiseYTD))<>NULL(),BEFORE($(eSalesPartyWiseYTD)),

IF(ISNULL($(eSalesPartyWiseYTD)) AND ISNULL(BEFORE($(eSalesPartyWiseYTD))),'0'))))

Below is the attached screenshot.

Kindly help me

before pivot table.PNG

before2.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Try it with:

RANGESUM(BEFORE($(eSalesPartyWiseYTD), 0, columno(total)))

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Try it with:

RANGESUM(BEFORE($(eSalesPartyWiseYTD), 0, columno(total)))

- Marcus

gulshan_rohilla
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thank you so much for your reply.

it works good.

Can you explain me the above expression.

marcus_sommer

Before() belonged to the interrecord-functions and could not just return a single value else by using the second and third parameter of the function you could specify an offset from where the return should be starting and how many rows/columns respectively "calculated cells" should be returned (and because it could be more than one return-value the rangesum() is needed to handle these n return-values).

- Marcus

gulshan_rohilla
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Marcus

Now i got all the things