Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Best Way to Copy the Folder

Hi All,

omarbensalemyoussef belloum 

Is there any best to change the root folder path in Qliksense server.

as my C drive is almost full disk space showing less than MB's

now i want to move to D drive

is there any best to do this?

can anyone had before  let me know the inputs and possibilites

Thanks

Chanty

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Hi 

i have done below steps its working 

Option 2 (This option makes sense if your defined root path does not contains drive letter reference. Example: \\SERVER\SHAREDFOLDER):

1. Stop all Qlik Sense services.

2. Unshare your shared folder using Windows share options in the folder properties.

3. Create a new folder to be used for root folder where you want to use but make its name same as the previous one.

4. Share this folder now and make sure that UNC path is exactly the same as the previous one.

5. Copy all previous folder content into the new one.

6. Start all Qlik Sense services.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

thanks for the links

but i need in Production server 

if 100% works means i need to go ahead otherwise entire things  will lost

i am not gohead with that as of now

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Definitely, In this case, I will configure windows server backup (pretty easy) so if something goes wrong I can go back easily.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Thanks let me try  and will continue tomorrow.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Rob Wunderlich  Andy Weir

Any ideas or inputs on this?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I've not had to worry about this as one of the benefits of a VM server is the relative ease to add more storage to a drive.

Yossef has pointed at the useful resources around this task and you are going to be taking backups of your environment before you start.

Perhaps a less risky option might be to point your lib data connections at the d: \ if you have a significant number of qvds, config and flat file data sources and backups taking up space on your servers c: \

Regards

Andy

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

Thanks Andy ,

we have all the projects  and have more number of applications and qvds its not possible to change each and every

Perhaps a less risky option might be to point your lib data connections at the d: \ if you have a significant number of qvds, config and flat file data sources and backups taking up space on your servers c: \

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Thats why I created a central folder for QVDs, Config etc... and then created subfolders under it so I could reduce the number of connections in case I had to move it.  I have 90 apps on my server so had to be practical.

Regards

Andy

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP
Author

thanks andy,

now am testing in Test server then after will do same in production server,