cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
razvan_brais
Creator III
Creator III

Best practice for developing mashups in QlikSense

Hey guys . I want to know what is your opinion about what to use in developing qlik sense mashups. I saw that I can use React.js , Angular.js or Node.js .

Which is better and why?

Can you please give me some suggestions?

Thank you.

14 Replies
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I don't think you should develop mashups unless you really have to - stick to native Qlik Sense wherever you can.

razvan_brais
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The problem is that i really have to develop mashups for my apps. Thats why I`m asking with wich technology to develop mashups.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Razvan

Personally I tend to use BootStrap and / or AngularJs in MashUps.  I can't see any reason why you should not use ReactJs if you have experience with it and like it, but I am not sure Node.js would be appropriate.

I am now veering towards Martin's viewpoint of avoiding MashUps where possible - and if needed use bespoke extensions within native QlikSense.  Except where things will be used on smartphones, as I personally do not like how native QlikSense behaves / renders on smartphones.

Notwithstanding that could you give some background as to why you wish to develop MashUps and what kind of end game you are hoping to achieve.

razvan_brais
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Bill ,

We are now in the research phase on what technologies to use , that`s why I was asking what to use. What I want to develop in mashups are buttons , inputtext and some table behaviors or things like this , which I won`t find in regular QlikSense objects.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In which case I'd agree with Martin and suggest you go for Out Of the Box QlikSense and if needed bespoke visualization extensions.

In my opinion this approach will give more re-usability of any time, effort and money spent on bespoke visualization extensions.  As opposed to MashUps which by definition are tailored to a specific needs and cannot be reused.

razvan_brais
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Can you please give me some links to read about bespoke visualization extensions?

klausskalts
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I find that the 'old guys' - like myself - tend to stick to Qlik build in functionality .... but mash-up's can deliver some great functionality too .....

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Native QS on smart phones is a misery.

Anonymous
Not applicable

A good place to start is Qlik Branch if looking for extensions that are mostly open source and free.  But bear in mind - if it is free then there are usually no guarantees or formal support.

This section of the online help is worth a read, https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/3.2/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/custom-objects.htm

Vizlib | Qlik Sense Extension Library have extensions that are supported by the supplier, but good commercial extensions with support will never remain free - although there will probably always be freebie tasters and samples.

..... other sources, opinions & options are also available.

Best wishes for the journey you are starting on - whatever direction you choose I hope you have fun & succeed.