Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rakeshshah
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Best way to build a compliance check list

Hi Community,

Wanted to get some thoughts (if anyone has done this) on the best way to build a compliance check list based on a bunch of criteria. I want to build out a scalable solution that won't required writing 1000 If statements. So for example if we take a look at computer hardware. I want a check to go through and say "if its model a, then it should have min XGB of Ram, certain CPU type of, model x motherboard and a SSD drive greater than 300GB, etc etc", some might be as simple as "if its model b, then its not compliant", regardless of the hardware configuration.

This won't seem difficult for couple of models however we have over 400 different types of assets.

Currently im doing this via Pick(Match()) and bunch of if statements, this was only for a small set of loose criteria. As it expands it will become more difficult to track and manage in nested ifs.

Would you recommend using the "peek" function and maintain a table with what "compliant" looks like?

Are there any other suggestions?

Thank you

Rakesh

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share few rows of data and what you expect from the data?

rakeshshah
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi

Hope this helps - trying to keep it as simple as possible.

In the table below there is an asset name (unique identifier), and based on the Class of technology, there is certain criteria that the asset must be to be compliant. So here a

• Workstation has to have a RAM >= 1gb which it is, however the Back up Disk is too small should be > 200GB.
  • The POS has to have >= 1.5gb RAM - you can see one asset is and one asset isn't.
  • Servers one hasn't doesn't have enough memory because it belongs to one of our subsidiaries, where as the other is in a different business... so it meets the min RAM criteria, but doesn't mean the number of CPUs allocated to the asset.

Qlik Screen shot of asset compliance.png

Simon_Kirby
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Rakesh,

Not sure if you solved this challenge, but I saw something a few weeks ago that may be able to help you. I was at a conference in South Africa and a Qlik partner there called KPI Management Solutions was showcasing a Qlik based they have Solution called CABAM. 

CABAM is designed to record all your compliance requirements and then run through a series of checks based on the compliance rules that you need to meet.  It is a brilliant use of Qlik and a very clever solution. It scalable to any number of compliance requirements and doesn't rely on a long list of IF statements.

It might be worth emailing Roger Knocker the MD of KPI Management Solutions to see if they can help you in any way. ...

Contact Us | Get In Touch | KPI Management Solutions

Regards,

Simon

rakeshshah
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Simon, I will take a look.

knocker
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

HI Rakesh

The way Simn describes CABAM is very good. (Thanks Simon)

CABAM is an acronym for:

C = Continuous and automated

A= Anomalies (Errors, Non-compliance

Exception Reporting, Transaction

Outliers, Reconciliation items)

BA = Business Assurance

M = Monitoring

It runs continuously and picks up any anomalies or exception that should not be there. I checks master data as well as transaction data. It can also be used to test integrity between systems

Here is a link to the brochure which describes CABAM

Dropbox - CABAM on Qlik Brochure.pdf

(Make sure  you download the PDF as there are 2 pages)

I'd be happy to set-up a webinar next week for you and anyone else who wants to join so that you can see how it works and the depth it has to manage all sorts of compliance issues.

Let me know

Roger@kpims.co.za

Thanks

Roger

knocker
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

‌Cabam has a website with 2 minute videos showing the different compliance and data quality use cases.

Please see Cabam’s website: http://www.cabam.co.za/