Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

COLOR Pickup

Hi ,

I am having a graph depicting regions, but the problem is that the legend colors are very weird and also dont match up with the bars, Please find the image of the graph as attachment. Moreover i cannot use fixed expressions as the regions i get are not fixed, they can be anything. So no matching is possible. is it possible to let qlikview select a different color for every different entity(region) without the mixing of colors.

Can anyone help.

Regards,

Kirtya

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try removing the color expression for the expression and enabling the option Multicolored on the Colors tab. Or use something like color(FieldIndex('Region',Region)) as color expression.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Also, make sure the option "Persistent Colors" on the "Colors" tab is not activated.

Not applicable
Author

hi Gysbert,

Thanks for your reply, the color tab looks like this on my qlikview(see attachment), the multicolor option is not available.

Can you please elaborate the other method. FieldIndex one !

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Post a qlikview document please.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Though i managed to get the colors matching the graphs by removing the expression , but there is one thing, as i am using "buttons" to change the graphs, and there is an instance in which I have 5 buttons ,to make it more clear, an e.g., one for "priority" and the other for "region", now the thing is that, for priority I have strict color coding and fixed values also, like critical(red),high(yellow) and low(green). For which i used expression(RGB), but the region has no such limitation.

Is it possible for me to have such a graph, in which for one dimension i can provide expression for color, and for the others qlikview takes the values on its own without any weird color combinations.

Regards,

kirtya