Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Announcements
BARC’s The BI Survey 19 makes it official. BI users love Qlik. GET REPORT
Not applicable

Calculate a grand, row, column total

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Qlik and this community so i hope i can get advise for solving this calculation problem.

I have a requirement for a KPI  (Index) the formula to calculate it looks like this.

Index =  ( Cell Value X Grand Total) / (Row total X Column Total)

Table.PNG

Other requirements:

> the output of this calculation will be shown in on one pivot table, with only one row dimension.

> The user will have a week period filter in the report where he can select one or more weeks . The input for the formula has to be the value of the max selected week period (like week 5) and calculate  max 5 weeks back. 

I have tried for the grand total the following formula, but the report 'filters' keep messing up the results.

Grand Total: sum({$<week= {">=$min(week(day,0) -5 ))<=$(=max(week(day,0)))"}>} TOTAL facts)

For the Row and Column totals i think an "AGGR" Function is the solution but havent been able to get it working.

I am very thankful for all your advice ...

Greetings

Jose

3 Replies

Re: Calculate a grand, row, column total

May be like this?

Sum(Aggr(

(Sum({$<week= {">=$min(week(day,0) -5 ))<=$(=max(week(day,0)))"}>} facts) *

Sum({$<week= {">=$min(week(day,0) -5 ))<=$(=max(week(day,0)))"}>} TOTAL facts))

/

(Sum({$<week= {">=$min(week(day,0) -5 ))<=$(=max(week(day,0)))"}>} TOTAL <Dimentions> facts) *

Sum({$<week= {">=$min(week(day,0) -5 ))<=$(=max(week(day,0)))"}>} TOTAL <Week> facts))

, Dimentions, Week))

Not applicable

ah thank you for the fast reply..

I get an output however when i select only one week then it gives me 100% as result.

And i think its only calculating the values from the selected periodes and not going 'back' to a set of max 5 weeks.

I hope this visual helps with the expected output:

Index.PNG

gr

How about if you do this

Sum({$<week= {">=$min(week(day,0) -5 ))<=$(=max(week(day,0)))"}>} Aggr(

(Sum({$<week= {">=$min(week(day,0) -5 ))<=$(=max(week(day,0)))"}>} facts) *

Sum({$<week= {">=$min(week(day,0) -5 ))<=$(=max(week(day,0)))"}>} TOTAL facts))

/

(Sum({$<week= {">=$min(week(day,0) -5 ))<=$(=max(week(day,0)))"}>} TOTAL <Dimentions> facts) *

Sum({$<week= {">=$min(week(day,0) -5 ))<=$(=max(week(day,0)))"}>} TOTAL <Week> facts))

, Dimentions, Week))