Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

Calculate difference between two dates from JIRA Connector data, in rows of the History table

Hi All,

We are using Qlik Sense with a QV Sources JIRA connector. The data is loaded from the history table of JIRA which returns the dates in each row of the table in the following format - 2015-01-01T12:21:31.231+5:30. Also there is other information about the tickets of JIRA like their stages, owners etc.

Now, we need to calculate the avergae time any record stays in a particular stage for which i need to manipulate data from two rows based on a particular condition. In QLik Sense, I am trying to create a dimension that has the espression to calculate this average. But when I populate it on a visualization object it displays error 'Invalid Dimension'. I tried creating a drill down dimension which allows two fields to be used in a dimension but then only the field is shown on the visualization and not the result from the expression.

I am using the following expression: -

if(History_items_fromString = 'somestring',if(History_

items_fromString = 'somestring',interval(only({<progress = {deployed}>} time(History_created,'h:mm:ss')) - only({<progress = {started}>} time(History_created,'h:mm:ss')))))

Most of the posts I have seen addreses this concern in QLikView where an expression is allowed as a dimension

Kindly help in how can this be achieved in QlikSense.

Thanks

1 Reply
utkarshgarg
Contributor II

Re: Calculate difference between two dates from JIRA Connector data, in rows of the History table

Do you still need help with this?

Community Browser