Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MTA
Contributor III
Contributor III

Calculated dimension

Hello,

I have an tabel object with multiple dimensions and measures. I have a measure calculated like maxstring(field).
But when I filter on some field it becomes '-' for some rows.
I would like to suppress those rows, but I know that null values can only be suppressed in dimensions, not measures.
So I tried to make an calculated dimension like
If(isnull(maxstring(field)), null, 1) so I can filter with it the null values, but I gen the invalid dimension error.

Any ideas?
Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this

If(isnull(Aggr(maxstring(field), field)), null(), 1)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this

If(isnull(Aggr(maxstring(field), field)), null(), 1)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
MTA
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Works like a charm! Thank you! 

MTA
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Also, any idea if I can hide the column and still keep the calculation?

I tried to hide it with an show if condition, but if it is not visible it won't make the calculation. 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

On what condition and scenario you want to hide the column?

MTA
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I would like for it to not be seen at all in the script, and just to be something created so I could eliminate null values.