Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elintham
Contributor
Contributor

Calculating Cumulative Percentage of Total by Column (Pivot Table)

Dear Qlik Sense Experts,

‌ and I are trying to figure out how to calculate a cumulative percentage of the Total by Column in a Pivot Table in Qlik Sense.

We have a pivot table in Qlik Sense that shows the cumulative count of flags by week for the dimension. We would like to calculate the % of each flag that compares the cumulative count of flags by week over the total cumulative count of all flags of that week.

We're using a unique key = ID to calculate the cumulative count of flags (Flag) by week with certain criteria filters. Expression as below:

RangeSum(Before(Count({[Criteria]}>}[ID]),0,ColumnNo()))

Capture.PNG

The below is roughly what we're trying to achieve. The cumulative count of each flag should be divided by the Total by Column as of each week but we're having a hard time trying to come up with an expression that does that.

Flag201827%201828%
TOTALS12,595100%23,926100%
ZZ-DO NOT USE1751.39%3241.35%
ZZ-NEW CUSTOMER AEC NOT VALIDATED890.71%1720.72%
ZZ-VALIDATED AEC12,33197.9%23,43097.93%

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

How about this

RangeSum(Before(Count({<[Criteria]>}[ID]), 0, ColumnNo()))/

Sum(TOTAL <WeekYearField> Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Count({<[Criteria]>} [ID]), 0, RowNo())), Flag, (WeekYearField, (NUMERIC))))

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

How about this

Sum(TOTAL <WeekYearField> Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Count({<[Criteria]>} [ID]), 0, RowNo())), Flag, (WeekYearField, (NUMERIC))))

elintham
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you very much, Sunny!

elintham
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sunny,

Sorry, but I have a few more questions.

What if I have another dimension "Flag Corrected" and I only want to show those Flag Corrected = Y in the Pivot Table? Is it possible to do so in the pivot table? I've tried to do Qlik Expression under row: =if(Flag Corrected = {"Y"}, Flag Corrected) but it doesn't seem to work.

Qlik Question.PNG

I also would like to calculate the cumulative percentage of Flag Corrected = Y over the total cumulative count of ZZ-VALIDATED AEC flag. For example in Week 201827, the % for Flag Correct = Y should be 55/12,331 = 0.446% instead of 55/12,595=0.436%. Do you think it is possible to do so in a pivot table?

I've tried to create another pivot table to only show the Flag Corrected but am unable to get the cumulative percentage of Flag Corrected = Y over the total cumulative count of ZZ-VALIDATED AEC flag.

I'm using this expression:

RangeSum(Before(Count({<[Criteria]>}ID),0,ColumnNo()))/

Sum(TOTAL <WEEK> Aggr(RangeSum(Before(Count({<[Criteria with Flag = ZZ-VALIDATED AEC]>}ID),

0, ColumnNo())), Flag,(WEEK, (NumericCount))))

Qlik Question2.PNG

sunny_talwar

May be this for showing just Flag Corrected = 'Y'

RangeSum(Before(Count({<[Criteria], [Flag Corrected] = {'Y'}>}[ID]), 0, ColumnNo()))/

Sum(TOTAL <WeekYearField> Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Count({<[Criteria], [Flag Corrected] = {'Y'}>} [ID]), 0, RowNo())), Flag, (WeekYearField, (NUMERIC))))

sunny_talwar

I also would like to calculate the cumulative percentage of Flag Corrected = Y over the total cumulative count of ZZ-VALIDATED AEC flag. For example in Week 201827, the % for Flag Correct = Y should be 55/12,331 = 0.446% instead of 55/12,595=0.436%. Do you think it is possible to do so in a pivot table?

May be this

Sum(TOTAL <WeekYearField, Flag> Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Count({<[Criteria]>} [ID]), 0, RowNo())), Flag, [Flag Corrected],(WeekYearField, (NUMERIC))))

sunny_talwar

Is there a third question?