cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculating averages for different categories

I'm new to QlikSense and need help with 3 calculations:

1. Need to calculate 6 mo average for clinical category
    • Take current month (Jul), skip previous 3 months (Apr-Jun) and use prior 6 monts  (Oct-Mar) to calculate 6month average for CLINICAL
  2. Need to calculate 6 mo average for surgery category
    • Take current month (Jul), skip previous 3 months (Apr-Jun) and use prior 6 monts  (Oct-Mar) to calculate 6month average for SURGERY
  3. Calculate difference between the 6 mo averages (in #1 and #2 above) and the [% of pmt to charges] based on the appropriate category (clinical vs surgery). If diff is less than zero, then it should display zero.

I have highlighted in yellow in image below what I'm trying to get to. Thank you.

community.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

On which field do you would like have AVG calcilation.

or

please try some functions in pivot table like

Rangavg(above(sum(.................)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to provide a sample to use and create a sample application for you? Images are difficult to copy and paste

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

On which field do you would like have AVG calcilation.

or

please try some functions in pivot table like

Rangavg(above(sum(.................)

Not applicable
Author

Sunny - here is the excel file. I am not sure how to create a sample qvf file with just this data.

Not applicable
Author

The field I would like to have AVG calculation is the % of Pmt to Charges

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Allu. Turns out your recommendation worked. Here's what I ended up using"

-(rangesum(above(sum({<Charges_Department={'Clinical'},[EncounterCalendar.MonthsAgo]={">=1<14"}>}Payment_Total),4,10))

/rangesum(above(sum({<Charges_Department={'Clinical'},[EncounterCalendar.MonthsAgo]={">=1<14"}>}amt),4,10)))