Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
g23
Contributor III
Contributor III

Calculating condition Qlik Sense

Dear community,

I need help understanding how the DATA HANDLING - CALCULATION CONDITION of a chart works in Qlik Sense.

I have a table with a dimension calculated as follow:

=if((A) <= B,'OK','ATTENTION') as "A <= B"

and I need to write a condition that displays the table only when "A <= B" = 'ATTENTION' and if the condition is not satisfied  want to display a message. This condition ("A <= B" = 'ATTENTION') is not working, can someone please help me with this? Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
g23
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I found the solution to my problem!!

The correct answer is: sum(if([A<=B]='ATTENTION',1,0) ) > 0 

Thanks for the help

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

@g23  can you share a sample and the expected output ?

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
kleman_emark
Partner - Contributor III

The calculation Condition is used to determine whether or not an object (e.g. chart) is to be displayed.

If you are trying to display only records with the value "ATTENTION", set analysis could help you.

Link to a post, where a similar question was solved:

Hope this helps,

Tomáš

g23
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Here an example of data and the dimension calculated. 

Hope this helps, thanks

g23
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried applying this condition:

if([A<=B]='ATTENTION',1,0) but it's not working

Kushal_Chawda

@g23   How would you like to satisfy the condition? When user selects    'ATTENTION' from  [A<=B]?

kleman_emark

Instead of using calculation condition (which provides 2 options: display / not display all table values based on the result of the calculation), I would suggest to try defining the value of e.g. expression A in this way: if(A<=B,A,null()) .

Then if you turn off showing null values for this dimension (Uncheck Include null values), you will see only the values, that satisfy your condition.

The other option is to use set analysis in defining your dimensions / expressions.

g23
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I created a drop down input variable in which the user selects the dimension to display on table

g23
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I found the solution to my problem!!

The correct answer is: sum(if([A<=B]='ATTENTION',1,0) ) > 0 

Thanks for the help