Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calendar field not in report

Hi everyone,

My calendar field is not in report ,but it affects the other date fields.How can I do that.Can anybody suggest?

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't understand your question. Does your document have a calendar field or do you want to create one? If it's not in your document then I don't understand how it can affect other fields. Or is the problem that you don't have a calendar field, but you want to have one and that is should affect other date fields?

Can you post a small Qlikview document or Qlik Sense app that illustrates the problem?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes ,I have one calendar field say stat_date but it is not used in the final document. But when I select calendar range,it restrict my data .Because of that selection ,it restricts data for 4 field say stat1,stat2,stat3,stat4.So I just want to know how can I do that.Any idea?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

What do you mean by it's not used in the final document. If you select values in that field then you are using it in your document.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Simply ,I I want to create a report in which there is a prompt page  and report page .In prompt page,master calendar is used,so after selecting master calendar,I can go to the report page which contain dimensions and fact,.In  master calendar,that field is used,but in report  that field is not used,but it affects the other field in report.Now you understood what my question is?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ok, first of all, there is only one data model in a Qlikview document (or in a Qlik Sense app). Tables in a data model are usually connected. The result is that if you select a value in a field in one table that will also affect all the other connected tables. That is what you are seeing in your report. Every chart and table in the front end will by default be affected by any selection in any field if the tables in the data model are connected. If you don't want that then you can  disconnect your master calendar table from the rest of the model by renaming the key fields so it doesn't connect anymore to any other tables. Or you can change your expressions to overrule selections in your master calendar fields. Either way you'll have to change your expressions to translate a selection in the master calendar into a selection in another field that you want to use in your report.